Service And Diagnostic
Periodical health checks, cleaning and servicing should be a vital element of your computer’s working life. Its an MOT for your PC
Why put up with sluggish performance, noisy fans, overheating and possible data loss?
Why should my PC have a Health-Check or Service and Diagnostic?
- It may help avoid costly computer repairs or data loss by detecting failing components
- Improves efficiency and performance
- Helps keep the computer running cleanly, quietly and within recommended temperature ranges
What does a Health-Check or Service include?
- A thorough cleaning of the computer casing inside and out
- Checking & cleaning cooling fans on the CPU, Northbridge and Graphics
- Card (replacing or lubricating where necessary)
- Checking motherboard for leaking, bulging or blown capacitors
- Hardware diagnostics including; motherboard, memory, hard-drive and processor
- Software updates checked and applied if necessary
- Disk scan for corrupted or damaged files & sectors
- A full scan for viruses, trojans and spyware
- Disk Cleanup to remove unneeded temporary files and other unwanted ‘buildup’
- Disk Defragmenting for improving disk performance
- Consulting with you about possible performance enhancements including removing unnecessary programs at ‘startup’ and adding memory etc.
Depending on your circumstances and PC usage, servicing is recommended on a 6 to 12 monthly basis. The amount of dust and pet hair in the air surrounding a PC unit will vary between households (Keeping a tower on the floor will usually cause it to pull in more contaminants than one on the desk or table-top) so some computers will require physical cleaning more frequently than others.
Hardware faults can develop at any point due to many factors including component failure, voltage spikes, improper shutdown of Windows and more. Sometimes regular computer maintenance checks can detect impending failure (not always) thereby preventing costly repairs and data loss.